1.09.2012

The STL

So I have created a new blog for my rants. Dan's Superfantastic Thought Logics or STL will be a space for me to share my views on religion, life, politics, society, etc. You know the little things. I feel like my views are a little different than the norm.

I have found that in discussions with people on these subjects, I tend to follow a less than common logic. While not absolutely unique, my construction of arguments is based on a the fundamental belief that I don't know everything if I know anything at all. Yes my primary questions are metaphysical and epistemological.

I have also read many of the standards of work on these subjects when working on my minors in religion and philosophy. I often read more than required because I found the arguments by Anselm, Kierkegaard, Aquinas, Plato, Socrates, Sartre, Jung, Epictetus, Aurelius, and Augustine among others compelling and enlightening, and similar to what elucidated my own nascent thoughts on certain topics.

Although no one needs to have any formal education in logic, philosophy, or religion to have a view, or even understand the formal arguments of these historic figures, it has been my experience that even without knowing it, people tend to make similar arguments.

One thing people may find out about me as a result of this site is that I have spent a significant amount of time thinking about the subjects I will be writing about--more so than I think people who know me would ever realize. I hope you will enjoy reading through it from time to time. I hope this type of thing stokes your fire, because for me it is not only enjoyable but required by my nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment