3.08.2012

10 Month Old Dad

Our little guy, Camden, is now just over 10-months old. He's laughing, dancing, and exploring. He's almost ready to walk on his own. He loves to be outside and he loves watching the dogs play in the yard. He loves to be held by his mother and having playtime with dad. I'm still learning how to meet his needs, but I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far.

The best things about being a dad seem to be the simplest things. The way he bursts into laughter when I tickle him. The way he kind of leans in to me and squeezes me a little when I hold him in my arms when he's ready for a nap. The way he kind of squints and smiles softly when I push him in the stroller on our walks. The way his eyes widened the first time he saw a bird fly across the backyard and cranked his neck all the way around as he followed it as far as he could.

Just being a part of these experiences with him fills my heart with the greatest feeling. It's amazing to me how he is completely in the moment. He expects absolutely nothing out of the experience and gains everything possible from it. There's nothing in the world like it. I love being there for those times. After being a dad for ten months I think I can safely say I fatherhood fits me better than I ever thought it would have. Camden is definitely my heart walking around in human form. There is no greater vulnerability. It's scary and great at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment