3.09.2011

Not long now....

By now, we do know with some reasonable level of certainty that the baby will be a boy, so we have been tossing around several possible names. In addition to Patton and Ignacio, which were the only two names to have have made it through the to this point, we have added Dietrich and Elliot. So if these two names survive the mental gauntlet we will have to wait to see what vibe the little guy has to properly make the final choice.

I am dissapointed to report that after a SNAFU we are officially not having a baby shower, which was fine with us from the beginning, but could have been achieved without being convinced to have one and then being let down. Sometimes it really doesn't pay to be right about some things.

I am also in the final month at work. I'll be leaving to get things ready at home and to be the stay at home dad. It's something that I am excited about and equally anxious about. I don't worry so much about taking care of the baby, I just am looking forward to it so much that it makes me anxious to get to it already.

After painting, putting up a fan, and putting together the crib the baby's room should need only a few finishing touches. Also April will be filled with parenting classes so that's also something I am looking forward to. All around, things are falling into place and I couldn't be happier. I feel very fortunate and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment