8.18.2012

Camden's Way

I set out to write about all the things I want to teach Camden.  But I didn't like anything I had say.  I guess I just want too much for him.  

I want him to have the benefit of my mistakes so he doesn't make the same ones.  I want him to be smarter than me.  I want him to be happier and be able to enjoy life more than I did when I was kid.  I want him to be confident and well-adjusted.  Doesn't everyone though?  No one really sets out to have their child be unsuccessful, but sometimes parents can get in the way.  

I do not want to get in Camden's way with my crap.  I'd hate for my short comings as a person to keep him from anything.  I guess it's a big obstacle for any well-intentioned parent.  I mean he's already such a fun-loving and happy baby.  He's curious and adventurous.  He catches on quick to things and can be very determined at times. 

He deserves everything that I can possibly give him.  I want to do what's best for him--not for me.  And he deserves the chance to be himself without me getting in the way.  So I'd consider it a victory as a parent if it turned out that way.  I believe any parent would.   

No comments:

Post a Comment